ExAM makes gathering information into Salesforce easy. Whether you are looking to better understand your customer feedback, responding to a data call, or developing a certification exam to certify users on a system. ExAM helps you develop assessments and forms, gather data and then leverage it within your Salesforce environment. Making everything easy requires a little bit of prep work. We’ve pulled together the following series of articles to help guide you through the key tasks in configuring ExAM to help you get the information you need more quickly.
- Setting Up Assess Anything – Assess Anything is part of what makes ExAM so special. We make it easy to gather information in the context of any custom or standard object in ExAM. Once set up just point ExAM at the object and get ready to start gathering information into it, about it and in the context of it.
- Setting Up Map Configuration – The stuff in your Salesforce world is based on stuff in the real world. A lot of which is tied to a specific location in the physical world. Our Google API and mapping capability leverages one of the world’s premier geospatial capabilities to help you represent anything in your ExAM/Salesforce world on a Google Map. Bring your clouds together and show your Salesforce stuff in Google Maps.
- Setting Up a Public Site – ExAM is great for rapidly gathering information from inside your Salesforce org, but some of the best information lives outside Salesforce. Customer surveys, Net Promoter Scoring and a lot of the information you need to run your organization lives outside Salesforce and possibly outside your organization. ExAM leverages Salesforce sites to bridge the gap between Salesforce and the outside world so you can bring that information in and take action on it.
- Setting up Guest user on a Public Site – Once you start interacting with the outside world you’ll want to make sure that you have designed a secure mechanism for them to interact with ExAM. We tell you exactly how to set up Guest users so they can help you get the information they need without giving them access to anything they don’t need.
- Setting Up Assignment Manager’s Overall Status on Submit – Data life cycles and record status’s drive workflow in systems. ExAM leverages life cycle to know what to do next when a user hits submits. Learn how to customize this in order to drive more complex interaction with your stakeholders.
- Public Site Assessment URL Configuration – ExAM needs to know how to pull together URL strings that will be meaningful to Salesforce so that you can build public interactions via Sites pages. Configuring the public sites URL controls how URLs are built and how they interact with public sites pages.
- Confirming ExAM is Properly Configured – Once you get the first few steps pulled together its important to run a few test to make sure things are working before you hit send on that first million customer survey’s or outreach effort. Use this step to confirm you have it all dialed in and ready to rock and roll.