- In the top right corner of the page, there is an app picker drop-down menu. Click on it and select the ExAM application
- Then towards the top of the page, there will be a list of tabs (Home, Account, Contacts, etc.). Look at these tabs until you see a tab called ExAM configuration and click on it.
If ExAM configuration tab is not displayed on the list of visible tabs on the far right of the tabs header there is a plus sign (+) which when clicked will display all available tabs and ExAM configuration can be found from there. Also next to the plus sign there is a drop-down button, which should have the ExAM configuration tab accessible from that area. That drop-down menu that displays additional tabs is customizable.
- Within the ExAM Configuration tab, there will be another list of tabs. It should automatically open in the General Configuration tab, but if it didn’t click on that tab now.
- One of the first things you will see is the header “Assess Anything”. This will have an open text box with the ability to enter a URL and click the button “Save Endpoint URL”. This will be where you will enter your domain URL.
- Your domain URL can be found on the home tab of Exam. It will be displayed in your URL, but it is only the section from https through .com. For example, the URL that you see displayed might look like this “https://examdemo.my.salesforce.com/home/home.jsp” but the portion that you are copying and entering is only “https://examdemo.my.salesforce.com”.
- Once you have successfully copied your domain URL and pasted it in the Assess Anything text box and saved it you will need to enter this URL into another location called the MetaDataEndPoint.
- To navigate to the field where you will find MetaDataEndPoint you must click on the “setup” button, which will be located at the top right of the screen. This will redirect you to another page.
- On this page, you will need to enter in “Remote Site Settings” into the Quick Find/ Search Box. This box is located on the left side of the screen.
- After you have entered “Remote Site Settings” a drop-down pick list will appear and the option of Remote Site Settings will be displayed under Administer Security tab. You will click on the Remote Site Settings button. This will take you to another page with a list of All Remote Sites.
- On this page, you will see there is a Remote Site Name on the list that is labeled MetaDataEndPoint. To the left of the name, there will be an Action column where there will be an Edit button. Click the Edit button.
- There will be three editable fields displayed after clicking the edit button. In the Field labeled “Remote Site URL,” you will paste the same URL that was previously pasted in the Assess Anything Endpoint URL.
- After the URL has been pasted you will click the Save button and Assess Anything will be properly configured.
Making sure Assess Anything is properly functioning
- To ensure that Assess Anything is properly working you will Create ExAM to an Object
- In order to do this, you will navigate to the ExAM configuration tab that was previously instructed. On this page, under the General Configuration tab, you will see another header that says Assess Anything but will have a drop-down pick list under it instead of the text box.
- You will click on that pick list and select an object; examples might be something like Account.
- Then you will click the blue button that is next to the pick list that says “Create ExAM to Object”
- If this successfully occurs and there are no error messages generated you have confirmed that Assess Anything is properly functioning.