- In the top right corner of the page, there is an app picker drop-down menu. Click on it and select the ExAM application
- Then towards the top of the page, there will be a list of tabs (Home, Account, Contacts, etc.). Look at these tabs until you see a tab called ExAM configuration and click on it.
If ExAM configuration tab is not displayed on the list of visible tabs on the far right of the tabs header there is a plus sign (+) which when clicked will display all available tabs and ExAM configuration can be found from there. Also next to the plus sign there is a drop-down button, which should have the ExAM configuration tab accessible from that area. That drop-down menu that displays additional tabs is customizable.
- Within the ExAM Configuration tab, there will be another list of tabs. It should automatically open in the General Configuration tab. You are going to click on the tab titled “Map Configuration”.
- On this screen, you will see a header titled Google Map API Key and a text box below it. This is where you will enter in the Google Map API Key, but first, you must obtain a Google maps API key.
- To get a Google maps API key first you will go to https://developers.google.com/maps
- You will then click on the “Get Started” button
- You will then click on the “Get A Key” button.
- A pop-up window will appear with an agreement. You will click yes and then click “Create And Enable API”
- The site will then generate an API Key for you to use. You are going to want to copy the key that is provided and return back to the Map Configuration tab where you will paste the Key into the Google Map API Key text box and click Save.
- At this point, you have successfully configured Map Configuration